Tuesday, 19 August 2008

about myself....

I have been thinking a lot about how to introduce myself on this new blog and i realized that would not be possible to describe myself briefly but i will try:

My name is Francesca and I'm italian. I was born and i have been raised in Rome despite my parents are not from there. My father cames from north of Italy and my mum from south and I've got a twin brother who is the greatest "thing" that has happened to my life.

I came to live in the UK because of my desire to learn another language in international environment and because of my curiosity and necessity of independence and freedom.
I have been living in this country for almost five years and for four years i have been working full time in a casino as a waitress on the gaming floor.
My job at the casino confirmed my decision to study Event Management. I have learned how to work in a competitive atmosphere and how to deal with all kinds of customers in two different circumstances:when they are winning and when they are losing money. I have also experienced the organisation of events such as New years eve,chinese New year and Indian Diwali and i think that i discovered the essential rule when working with customers: making them feel special and enjoy making them happy.
I learnt about the different expectations of the customers and the casino from a management point of view and how is important to make an event successful believing,enthusiasm and delivery!
I have got passion for all kind of events and entertainment and i am interested in management. I have a natural creative ability for solving practical problems,working with other people and relating to them.
I love paying careful attention to detail in anything or anyone and despite considering myself very practical i've got a kind of romantic and abstract vision of life....I really like reading,travelling,music,theatre and opera or simply walking on my own.
I would love to have an international career,planning events around the globe,whether it's an international convention or a charity fundraising event and i'm sure that pursuing this course at the University will give me the complete knowledge and qualification to work in this industry.

No comments: